Friday, August 23, 2013

Sabbath

Technically we are only doing school mon-thu and Fridays are free days for homeschool group and catch up from the week. Our homeschool groups back to school bash was yesterday (thursday) so it freed up our entire Friday.  We spent today getting ready for sabbath,  cleaning the house (which went nothing how I'd planned,  no sparkly clean floors in every room) making bread from scratch and.. Cleaning the house..  (yes I know I said that twice lol) in reality I spent most of the day getting after my older two,  chasing the two year old and carrying the nine month old, who decided he had to have his mama snuggles and be close all day.  the kitchen got cleaned and thats it.  I'm thankful for a clean kitchen ;)

Despite the lack of cooperation we managed to get the kitchen scrubbed, make three delicious loaves of bread and get supper cooked and on the table - two hours late lol - just in time for dh to get home.

I've never made from scratch bread (bread machine doesn't count) and I was really surprised at how good it was ,  not to mention how utterly simple. I can do this all the time.  LOL right.... 

Anyway here's our sabbath table,  I had one candle holder so both candles are in that,  we used a flour sack towel and had kait trace the pattern from celebrating biblical feasts on to the towel and then color it with fabric markers.  The spice tin is an empty spice jar covered with foil, decoradte with foam stickers and then filled with nutmeg and cinnamon.

Dh and I said the blessings, sang a song, broke the bread and passed around the glass of wine. the kids all took a teenie sip,  they didn't get enough to taste and said after the meal that maybe they will actually try it next week. 

..... Which means they enjoyed the celebration :-)

Which means we are going to get to do this again next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment