Monday, August 19, 2013

Getting ready

Its sunday night and we're down to the last few hours before school starts. (I'm so ready for school to start..but I should be in bed :)  Those who know me and how unorganized i've been for my entire life the past few years  are probably saying  'Wait, Are you kidding??"  Nope not kidding, we have all the supplies, i have the next few months planned and we finally decided on curriculum. 

This year our curriculum choices are: 

Bible, History and Science - My fathers world Creation to the Greeks
Math - Aleks and Khan academy  (along with several lapbooks and notebooking pages from currclick


English - Easy grammar and daily grams

Writing - IEW

Spanish - Rosetta stone  

Spelling - Building spelling skills from Christian liberty press

we'll join our homeschool group for art, lego club, gym and field trips and a co-op for Apologia Astronomy. 




We only finished half of ecc last year,  having the baby and toddler around threw me for a loop and I'm just now getting into a semblance of a routine. 
  We  are planning on schooling year round from here on out, taking little - scheduled - breaks as needed. we will continue with ECC when we finish CTG.  We aren't going with the MFW suggestions for LA, math and writing this year, we used them last year and my kids weren't thrilled, I was given the curriculum i'm using this year and so far I like what I see. 

anyway eeeeeee...   Books are organized, pens and Pencils ready to go,  Paper stacked and I have our schedule written down.    We'll see how I feel Monday afternoon but for now I'm feeling energized and ready for the new year. 

Our already messy school cubbies


Tot school daily calendar (still need to add colors and numbers) 

No comments:

Post a Comment